GROWTH + OPERATIONS ANALYST
Growth & Operations Analyst @ Qwilr
Qwilr is introducing the world to the future of documents, and we are looking for someone early in their career to join our Operations & Growth Teams.
Your job will be to help all parts of the company to enable and drive growth — drawing up and executing on strategic business initiatives, and delivering analyses and recommendations that help to address critical business challenges, promote operational rigour and continually evolve Qwilr’s future.
This role is based in Sydney, Australia.
You’ll be working on whatever it is that will move the needle most for Qwilr. This role will be quite varied and will regularly be working with the founders. You might:
- Drive user acquisition through the evaluation of new marketing channels, the effective management/scaling of online advertising campaigns, influencer/partner relationships, and basic search engine optimisation.
- Track key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, review company metrics and datasets to identify strategic and operational problems, and then work with functional team leaders to formulate and implement solutions.
- Design, run and report on experiments (A/B, multivariate, etc) aimed at optimising various parts of Qwilr’s funnel / interactions with users and customers.
- Gather and report on user feedback, including through regular user surveys, in order to learn more about our user segments and thereby prioritise and launch features and functionality most important to them.
- Design, integrate and manage the business and operational systems and processes that make Qwilr tick.
What we are looking for
- You’re passionate about Qwilr’s mission.
- You’re curious by nature and excel at doing whatever is needed to solve hard problems and execute on complex projects — including by learning deeply about and gaining experience in a variety of business functions.
- You have a knack for and get a kick out of sophisticated data analytics and structured thinking (from first principles).
- You’re a self-starter comfortable with taking initiative in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment and committed to producing quality, impactful work in which you take pride.
- You can work well with a wide variety of people, including across teams and external partners.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication, in English, and have a good aesthetic/design sense.
Bonus points (not essential, but cool)
- Advanced experience with Excel data analysis and modelling.
- Experience with SQL, statistics software (e.g. R), HTML / CSS / WordPress, search engine optimisation.
- Product or project management experience, taking projects from conception to launch and beyond.
Who we *think* we are looking for
Who we think we are looking for
We really don't have any strict requirements for this role - however, here is the type of person that we think might be a good fit:
You've been at a tech company &/or startup for a year or three and want a change.
You've spent a year or three in the grad program at an investment bank, a top consulting firm, a Big Four accounting firm, a VC/PE firm (etc) and have realised that their path is not for you - and you would rather work a fast growing startup instead.
You're finishing your degree and are considering a stint at an investment bank, a top consulting firm, a Big Four accounting firm, a VC/PE firm (etc) but have a deep, gnawing feeling you'd prefer to join a fast growing startup instead.
You've started a math/physics/econ/etc masters or PhD and have realised that you'd rather be working for a fast growing startup instead. Academia can wait!
These are just ideas though. If you don't fit into any of the arbitrary boxes listed above but think that you'll be a great fit please do apply!
The Hard Things about working at Qwilr
The Hard Things about working at Qwilr
(which are also The Best Things).
We’re a Startup (no, really, we actually are).
At Qwilr we’re building something that has no precedent, dealing with tricky technical domains, chasing exponential growth and grappling with scarce resources. This is the genuine startup experience. Sometimes that means making mistakes and that’s OK. In our experience, you'll need humility, independence and a good dose of fortitude. But if you’re the right kind of mind, it’s also the most fun you’ll ever have.
We Have A High Bar Of Excellence.
Our first principle as a company is “Undeniable Bestness”. We believe in winning our race by being the best, not throughs hacks, bandaids and shortcuts. This means we have a high bar of excellence at the company. For code, design, writing, processes and for people. We go back to the drawing board when things aren't right, because we care deeply about the quality of what we produce.
We are growing quickly
When the team doubles in size every year it makes for an interesting ride.
The job you do on day one will probably not be the same one that you are doing in a years time. Your team will not be the same either. You'll lose some responsibilities and gain others. This can be challenging - but almost always in the best sense of the word.
The Great Things about working at Qwilr
The Great Things about working at Qwilr
Every member of Qwilr is actively encouraged to input and contribute to the direction of the product and the company. We actually have a formal process around The Big Questions at Qwilr called “Group Think”. Ideas can come from any quarter and shape our whole trajectory.
Your Life Is Compatible With Qwilr
Happy and healthy people can focus, push themselves when it matters and do great work. Exhausted and stressed people do not do good work. Period. Part of Qwilr’s focus on “Undeniable Bestness” is a focus on encouraging employees to be mentally rested, to take leave and to lead fulfilled lives outside of work. We want the best people and we want to keep them. Part of that means ensuring that life is compatible with Qwilr and ideally, enhance one another.
Working With Smart People Who Care About What They Do.
We’ve got that list of impressive backgrounds we can reel off (Google, Microsoft, Campaign Monitor, Harvard etc) - but what you really need to know is this: Qwilr is fierce about finding the best people and providing them an environment to flourish. That means we’ve got a team of really smart people, who really care about, and take pride, in what they do.
Our Process - What To Expect.
Submit your application: Send us your CV, along with a short note telling us about your proudest work or personal achievement.
Note: Not to be longer than 300 words.
Chat with the Team: If your note resonates with us, we'll set up a time for you to chat with Mark T (our COO), Mark S (Strategy & Operations) and/or other members of the team. This will be an opportunity for you to get to know us at a human level, and for us to get to know you.
Task: We find that there is no better way to find out if someone will be good for the job than to have them do the job. We do this in some capacity for all hires across Qwilr. Tasks are not designed to be onerous - but they are designed to give us an insight into how you work.
(a little about us)
Qwilr is the best way for anyone to create their documents as beautiful and intelligent webpages (like this one!).
By embracing the web we have made a much a better way to create documents - especially when you want to show off yourself or your company to potential customers. Now documents can look great on any device, gather analytics data, support web content (like videos, interactive graphics & maps, surveys, and much more), have advanced security and always be on brand.
We have 1000s of happy customers from over 50 countries around the world, are backed by some truly excellent investors, and are growing rapidly.
We are based in Sydney, Australia - with an amazing remote team all around the world.