How to create an effective and successful highlight video for the college placement process in soccer
There are a number of considerations for a student-athlete to get right in order to put their best foot forward when it comes to creating a highlight video that is impactful. It can be a very important part of the placement process, especially in a situation where the college staff will struggle to see you in live play. Remember they will always prefer to get eyes on you live, if at all possible, so that should always be your first goal.
Here are some of the most important factors to keep in mind when you are working through producing your own highlight video:
1. Why am I creating a highlight video?
2. How long should my highlight video be?
3. Can I make my own highlight video?
4. What should be on my highlight video?
5. When is the most appropriate time to make a highlight video?
6. What should I do after sending my highlight video to a college coach?