Are you a proactive, collaborative sales leader looking for your next challenge?
Are you ready to drive the growth of an impact driven SaaS business?
Hey there, great to meet you!
trace is a VC-backed Climate Tech startup on a mission to remove the barriers to Net Zero for SMEs and their employees. How? Through awesome Technology and even more awesome people. Since launching our MVP in December 2020 we’ve helped hundreds of SMEs start their journey and we’re ready to help thousands more.
Hell, MILLIONS more.
Not only are we riding the biggest global trend in history (move over Cloud Tech, it’s time for Climate Tech), we know we have the product, brand and strategy to build the largest community of Climate Positive businesses in the World.
We’ve grown 20% MoM since launch and 5 of our customers love us so much they invested in us. Now we’re looking for an experienced Tech sales leader to help deliver 10x MRR before our next funding round (and beyond)....
We may be biased, but we think we’re great to work with. Read on to learn about your future role on the trace-ship.
- Join us as the first commercial leadership role in a fast growing, VC-backed startup
- Work closely with the two ambitious and dynamic cofounders - Cat and Joanna
- Build and lead a motivated and passionate team of sales and sustainability pros
- Work with us at our office in Sydney or embrace our flexible working approach - whatever works for you!
- Have a seat at the table in strategic decision making including capital raising, recruitment, product design and marketing
- Thrive in and contribute to our culture of inclusivity, transparency, humility and a passion for solving humanity's greatest challenge
- Benefit from the success you help us build through a competitive salary + generous stock options
What you'll do:
- Own, manage and optimise the sales funnel to deliver monthly target metrics (MRR, ARPC, CAC, CR, retention etc)
- Optimise and implement processes and analytical tools to drive scalable growth with SME customers (20-300 FTE)
- Manage inbound leads and scale the outbound pipeline
- Work with the CEO to develop and implement a partnership strategy to grow our brand awareness and bring in new B2B leads
- Partner with the founders to continuously optimise customer pricing
- Manage and grow the sales team in line with forecasts and budgets
- Help drive product strategy by enabling feedback and collaboration with the Product team
- Continuously identify opportunities for enhancing and automating the sales process and Technology infrastructure to support
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years experience in B2B (ideally SaaS) business development / sales
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a sales team
- Proven knowledge of acquisition and sales principles and practices in a SaaS / B2B environment, ideally selling to SMEs
- Ability to attract, empower, and manage A+ talent to deliver strong results
- Track record of meeting (ideally exceeding!) sales targets
- Experience tracking and optimising sales metrics
- Bias towards immediate actions and results
- Hunger to pick up the phone, listen and get to know customers
- Resilient, creative and willing to get your hands dirty - this is an agile startup environment with lots of ambiguity
- Excellent communicator who can successfully help clients understand the benefit of trace for their customers, employees and organisation
- Proactive at designing processes to increase sales efficiency
How to apply
Please email email@example.com including:
- Your CV
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Why you think you’re well suited for this role
- Your current work status and availability
Read on to learn more about us
The problem: Companies are increasingly looking for ways to show their commitment to combating climate change and attract environmentally conscious customers and talent, but existing solutions are often perceived as ‘just too hard’.
The solution: trace for business is the first of its kind solution that empowers companies of all sizes to become Climate Positive in a matter of days and then supports them on their journey to Net Zero emissions.
With trace’s proprietary carbon calculator, we can measure the footprint of a business’ operations and supply chain without the cost of hiring consultants and offset through our portfolio of independently verified climate projects.
We're all about transparency so our customers can trace their individual and collective impact over time and know exactly where their money is going.
Our mission: To remove the barriers to Net Zero emissions for SMEs and their employees
Our vision: A world where everyone, individuals and organisations, leave a positive trace. A world where we all do what we can to reduce our emissions and offset the rest.
More about the product
trace makes it easy for businesses to take climate action - today. Our platform, friendly team and community demystify the complexity and bust the jargon around measuring, reducing and offsetting your carbon footprint.
trace turns invisible carbon footprint into real, tangible impact. The carbon credits purchased provide essential funding for climate projects around the world, reducing CO2 emissions and creating multiple co-benefits aligned to the UN SDGs. We help organisations visualise and understand their impact in the form of data, stories and images.